Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mike's Bar & Crab House, Seafood, Annapolis, Maryland

Mike's Bar & Crab House
3030 Riva Road
Riva, MD 21140
(410) 956-2784

GOOGLE MAP

This place is just across a bridge from my father's place in Annapolis, Maryland, and you can get there by car or by boat. It is large and has a restaurant, bar and liquor store, and inside and outside seating, but don't expect anything too fancy, this is quite casual. The food is quite tasty, if not always that healthy (lots of deep fried seafood here), and they are known for their crabs, which you can the blue crabs to crack and eat at your tables (making quite a mess) or they have an excellent soft shell crab sandwich.


The best thing here are oysters on a half shell, which were only $8.95 a half dozen, and were quite tasty. Damn this was good and so reasonable!

I had a pub haddock, which is a huge piece of haddock, deep fried across a bun (which is half the size of the fish, and I didn't bother with) and some fries. This was quite good with some lemon, though maybe I should have had vinegar to really love it.

This place is well worth checking out, and is always packed, and has quite reasonable prices. If you are in Annapolis you should check it out.

Kelly and I are in Annapolis watching the dogs on the 4th of July 2007, while my dad and Molly are out of town. We had pub haddock, a dozen delicious oysters with cocktail sauce and delicious horseradish, a cup of excellent New England clam chowder and some deep fried clam strips. Way too much food and all delicious, and $50 with tip.
i

1 comment:

  1. I use to live in the Davidsonville area, and Mikes Crab House was always a place of joy, good friends, good music and most of all fantaic food!! The Owners and the Staff have always made my husband and me feel like part of their family. In the summer, the view on the bay is one of a kind and in the winter it's always breath taking. I have nothing but great things to say about Mikes Crab House. So, My Hat's Off To You and many, many Thanks!!! Roxanne

    ReplyDelete