Monday, July 24, 2006

Eat on Sunset, French Cuisine, Hollywood, California

Eat On Sunset
1448 N. Gower St.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 461-8800

GOOGLE MAP

I have wanted to eat here for some time, though reviews seemed either great or horrible, but i was interested in trying some of the Fish since the chef Joachim Splichal was a chef at the French laundry. The food was decent, with good flavors, though a tad overcooked, but the mixed drinks were spectacular.



I had an incredible Lychi drink that tasted like pure lichi juice. Wow.

For an appetizer I got 6 oysters on a half shell that were excellent, especially for the price, and even my girlfriend and her sister seemed to like them. Then I had a baby green salad with fried shallots and red wine vinaigrette which was to die for.

For dinner I had albacore which was a tad overcooked with sliced asparagus and a tasty brown rice. The albacore was not as moist as it could have been and I think would have been better a bit more raw, though my girlfriend's was better. I think they waited on mine and Chelsea's while Kelly's was fresher.

The strangest thing was the bar and lounge was totally filled with Asians. And as we left more kept showing up, I know some who would certainly enjoy the ambiance of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment