Monday, May 5, 2008

Canter's Delicatessen and Bakery, Los Angeles, CA

Canter's


419 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 651-2030


GOOGLE MAP


This amazing New York Jewish Delicatessen that is open 24 hours a day has been a cornerstone of food in Los Angeles since it opened in 1931, and is always a good meal. There is some parking just south on Fairfax with 2 hours of validation, and the wait staff is always efficient, and some of them seem like they have been there forever. And the menu goes on, and on and on. I mean there is so much choice here that making a decision may be the hardest thing of all.

CantersRueben.jpg


Now I grew up on Marthas Vineyard without a real deli, so I never had a Reuben until a couple of years ago (thankfully or I would be a whole lot fatter), well now my test of a deli is their Rueben, and this one is amazing. One of the best I have ever had. Just look at all that Saurkraut! And the dressing on the side is very nice. Certainly one of the best in LA. And I love the big fat fries. Actually a lot like Victor's, and I can't call one better than the other.



Canters_MonteCristo.jpg


Kelly had a Monte Cristo which she loved, though I skipped on trying because the Rueben was really enough food for me.


••••


Canter's is an amazing place, not only for the food, but for people watching at all hours. They even have a bar, and bands play sometimes. Canter's is always fun. And there bakery is quite impressive as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment