Sunday, July 20, 2008

Village Coffee Shop, Breakfast and Lunch, Hollywood, CA

2695 N. Beachwood Drive,
Los Angeles, CA 90068-2339
(323) 467-5398
Mon-Sat 8am-5pm
Sun 8am-3pm


GOOGLE MAP


For some reason I always thought this place was called the Beachwood Cafe, but I guess not. This is what I would call a very rustic coffee shop with breakfast and lunch. The decor is early 20th century America, and the wooden tables and chairs all wobble, and the register is about as old as can be. I actually think the place has better atmosphere than food, but it is alright to visit once in a while.




Beachwood_Reuben.jpg


When I saw they had a Rueben I just had to try it, and I must say I was pretty disappointed. Not only is this a fairly small ruben without enough sauerkraut, but it is the corned beef that I didn't like. The corned beef is very fatty and stringy and honestly hard to chew, and it got stuck in my teeth, and while I ate it, I wouldn't eat one again. Perhaps I will stick to breakfast food if we go here again.



Beachwood_Pancakes.jpg


Kelly got the pancakes with scrambled eggs and ham. She though the pancakes were decent, and the Ham, damn that is one huge, rustic looking slab of ham.


••••


Certainly not the best breakfast in the area, but it does have an interesting look to it, so it is worth going once in a while, and it does have pretty reasonable prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment