Saturday, September 5, 2009

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, Deli, Northridge, CA

Brent's
19565 Parthenia Street
Northridge, CA 91324
(818) 886-5679
Open Daily from 6am to 9pm


GOOGLE MAP


I am so behind on both my blogs, but I have especially been neglecting my Food Blog of late, but I just got a new computer and finally decided it is time to update you on what could be the best Delicatessen I have ever been too. Now I am a regular reader at the Chowhound boards, and read a ton of food magazines, so I have of course heard of Brent's. It did after all win the award from Los Angeles Magazine for best Deli, but it always seemed so far away. Well my lovely wife Kelly and I recently bought a house in North Hills, so we are close, and we finally decided to try it, and we were both completely blown away. The food is spectacular, and I can say we had the 2 best Reuben's I have ever had! Wow, I was blown away! And such great service as well. We will be returning, and often (baring the diet I need to go on very soon). IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HERE, RUN DON'T WALK HERE, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!


Now I am normally not a Pastrami fan, I like my reuben's made out of Corned Beef, but I decided to try the house special Black Pastrami Reuben served with Grilled Rye Bread, melted swiss cheese, a ton of Sauerkraut, a big thing of russian dressing, and some delicious fat french fries as well as some very sweet cole slaw.



P9191293.JPG


The Reuben was a thing of beauty, and tasted better than it looked. Wow, I never liked Pastrami so well. It melted in my mouth, though by the end it was a bit much pastrami for me, but it was still amazing, easily the second best Reuben of my life. About the size (and price) of those at Victor's (my previous favorite, now pushed to number 3), but better in some indescribable way. Just delicious!


My wife went for the corned beef, which was love at first site, my favorite corned beef of all time! Amazing. And she was able to get Sweet potato fries, which she loves (blech) and I think you can also get onion rings! Ha! So much selection. This corned beef reuben was sublime! Amazing!



P9191294.JPG


These are easily the 2 best Reuben's I have ever had!



P9191300.JPG


Here is Kelly enjoying hers!


The service was to die for, and there was a huge amount of people there, and waiting, because this place is just that good. I got my iced tea refilled constantly, which I love (not sure why I can drink so much iced tea), and the staff was friendly.


This is easily our favorite restaurant in the area, and the best deli in Los Angeles!


This place is amazing, and gets my highest recommendation! You should not miss it!


Truly my only complaint is that I will never get to try all the other amazing thing on the menu, because the Reuben is so damn good that I have yet to be able to order anything else! And it all looks so good, but I will just keep getting their sublime Corned Beef Reuben!


AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment