Monday, February 6, 2006

Robert Mondavi Winery Pinot Noir 2004, Carneros

I have to admit it that horrible documentary called MONDOVINO made me interested in trying a Mondavi even if it is portrayed as the big monster. And I got a 10 discount on any bottle that was over $10 from Ralph's in their wine club, so I figure why not try a $20 bottle of Mondavi Pinot Noir. I have to admit I have not developed my palette for Pinot's yet. I mean I like them, but haven't figured out why people go so wild for them as of yet. That being said this is a good dry wine.



When spun it shows straight lines, and edges are clear as they should be for a new wine like this. As I said a good dry wine, maybe a little too dry for tastes.

Would be good with some rich shiitake mushroom sauce on some roast chicken. Mmmm. That sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment