Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Breville 800GRXL Die Cast Indoor BBQ and Grill, Brushed Stainless Steel

This was a Christmas Present from my Grandmother to me this year, and immediately replaced my Large George Forman Grill for my indoor BBQ and Grill of choice. This thing is heavy and built well with many features that are not seen in other similar models. I can't recommend this thing more highly. It has features that make this the best indoor electric grill I have seen.


Grill
Griddle

This is a major piece of cooking equipment. It is heavy, and draws a lot of power (honestly I have to shut down my computer to use it or I will pop the breaker), but does have major improvements over less expensive models.

First off the flat bottom can be be angled for maximum drip, or flat so the top can be left open and you can use it as a griddle to cook eggs or other things on a large flat surface.

The top can be adjusted for various heights of items you are cooking, and the top swivels so it will be flat on the surface.

The Temperature can be adjusted from high, or to a lower setting for making Panini, so it will cook the bread and the ingredients in between will be warmed as well.

Also it has a timer, which doesn't turn the unit off, but is a timer. A light also shows when the unit is at the set temperature.

The grease trap is the handle in the front and is quick and easy to clean.

My biggest complaint is that the top grooves are very deep, so when cooking my Bulgogi (a Korean marinated red meat dish) the marinade really gets all in their and is hard to get off, but then this was made for meet without marinade, so it is easier to clean just fat off than marinade.

I highly recommend this item.

You can get it at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment