Thursday, August 17, 2006

Salomi Indian & Bangladesh Restaurant, North Hollywood, CA


Salomi Indian & Bangladesh Restaurant
5225 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollyood, CA
(818) 506-0130

GOOGLE MAP

My girlfriend Kelly and I have been talking about going to an Indian Restaurant for a while, and one of her co-workers has taken her here a few times for lunch, so since I treated dinner last time she took me out to this restaurant. The place was almost empty, but has a great atmosphere and an extensive menu. Not only that but the service was above top notch. I have a feeling this place keeps open by their delivery, because there were not enough customers, but the food was excellent and tasty and well worth trying again, and includes Vegetarian and non-Vegetarian cuisine.



Header T2

As I said the menu has a great selection, with a good wine and Indian beer selection as well. The service was top notch, with them even pouring water on a tray, and when I ordered the hottest item on the menu they brought me my own pitcher of water.

I ordered the Volcano Beef Curry, which was excellent and quite spicy. Not the hottest thing I have had, but certainly a level of spice that most people could not handle, and it was especially good with some jasmine rice and some basil and garlic naan bread. Yummy.

The place has ample parking in the back in an alley (it is on the West side of the street) and you can enter and exit through the back for your convenience.

I recomend checking this place out if you have a chance, and especially if you in the area. It has excellent food and great service, and was around $45 for my girlfriend and I to eat there without tip, and that included a glass of wine for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hummm I have a thing about any indian resturant that is in America. I am indian so I have grown up on the stuff and I am verrrry critical about the food. And through my experiences what the indian resturants serve here is nothing close to what indians consider hot. I have been to many resturants and ordered their "Firball Curry" or their "Hot and Spicy Somosas" and it is nothing like it sounds.

    I will tell you one thing. You cannot find good REAL indian food outside of India or in an indians house. I can guarentee you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Samir, and does that say anything about this restaurant or this food. I eat exceptionally spicy food for anyone, and I have to admit this was pretty hot. Not the hottest I have had by a long shot, but it certainly was hot. And worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete