Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Outback Steak House, American Steak House, Burbank, CA


Outback Steak House

1761 N. Victory Place

Burbank, CA

(818) 567-2717


Monday - Thursday: 4-10, Friday: 4-11, Saturday: 12-11, Sunday: 12-9:30


I had never been here, and went for dinner after work with my girlfriend, and must say I was actually fairly impressed. The steak was quite tasty and cooked exactly as I asked. Sure I was too stuffed afterwards, but this place is worth a try, because for steak it is pretty reasonably priced.




Logo


I had the 11 OZ Outback Special Steak for $15.99 Medium Rare, and as advertised it was bloody through and through, but cooked on the edges. Quite delicious and juicy. It came with 2 sides, and I got steamed broccoli, and excellent garlic mashed potatoes. The steak seemed bigger than 11 OZ and was so filling I thought I would pop, though if I wasn't trying to lose weight I would have tried one of the excellent sounding deserts.


Also they had new england clam chowder that was actually quite good (well good for Los Angeles at least). Quite tasty and filled with clams. The spoon didn't quite stand up, but it was good, and it had very little bacon in it, which certainly helps in my opinion.


The service was decent, and there is ample parking in the open air mall, though I would recomend parking across the road, where there is more parking and you don't have to fight for a spot.


I was actually surprised that I liked this place. And it had a decent wine menu of inexpensive mostly Australian wines. I had a glass of the pinot noir and was quite impressed actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment