Friday, January 18, 2013

Asahi Sushi, Sushi, Granada Hills, CA

Asahi Sushi
10375 Balboa Blvd
Granada HillsCA 91344
(818) 360-8499

Pretty darn good Sushi in the valley. Sure it is not Sushi Ike that i had near me in Hollywood, but fairly reasonably priced and good service. The only complaint is the place gets pretty packed, and you might wait for a table, but the service is pretty fast, especially at the Sushi bar. And the best part both times i have been there has been great Albacore. Exceptional in fact.

Overall there is a decent variety of good sushi, and a huge amount of strange and different rolls. Lots of quirky rolls. My favorites are the Balboa Roll with spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, avocado  cucumber w/seared albacore and fried onion (more like thin panko onion strips).

There are other rolls I would like to try, though too many have spicy tuna or albacore, and I tend to shy away from that as I think the spicy wipes out the fish flavor completely!

They also have tons of bento boxes and the like that lots of people get and I would like to try sometime, though I don't know if I will be able to stay away from the sushi.

I signed up on their web site and go ta $5 coupon for my 2nd visit, and enjoyed it immensely the second time as well.

Well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment