Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Joe's Mexican Restaurant, Mexican, North Hills, CA



16147 Nordhoff Street,
North Hills, CA 91343
(818) 893-2400
Mon-Saturday 9AM-9PM
Sunday 9 AM - 8 PM



JOE'S IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT AND HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED! NOT THE SAME AT ALL! SEE END OF REVIEW!


I had been quite depressed that Ari's Pizza which used to occupy this space had closed, because I think it was easily the best Pizza in Los Angeles, but with this place being so near to where I live my wife and I decided to give a try and found a new favorite.

It is in the little strip mall at Nordhoff and Woodley Ave, so there is good parking.


Here is there menu from the Window.


The place is bright, with a nice new paint job and decent mayan decor and one questionable painting and sells a whole variety of Mexican food. The prices range from .99 for Tacos, $4.99 for a burrito and about $7 for Nachos. I am also looking forward to the Menudo that they have on Saturdays and Sundays.

My wife and I tried 3 tacos, with hot sauce. Carne Asada, Lengua (tongue) and Chicken. All of which were delicious! The lengua was soft and tasty, and the carne asada had a wonderful flavor.

Here is a Carne Asada Taco with the hot sauce.


I also had a carne asada burrito and it was mind-blowingly good. With a ton of other flavors in it. The beans were fantastic with garlic and probably lard, and there was some peas and spanish rice in there. THIS IS ONE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BURRITOS! And I love burritos! Damn was this good!

Here is a messy shot of the inside of my delicious Carne Asada Burrito. Yum!


We had the Nachos, which were the most expensive item we tried, but they were fantastic. Heaped with guacamole, sour cream, melted cheese, the tasty bean mix from my burrito, carne asada, tomatoes and a ton of jalapapenos. AWESOME!

And the Nachos slightly dug into in a to go container. WOW!


I went from missing Ari's Pizza, to having found an absolutely amazing new mexican place! One of my favorites in fact. We will certainly be eating here again, as it is delicious and awesome and quite reasonably priced! GREAT! And all this food for under $20!


UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!





We went to Joe's this last weekend, and saw this sign outside, and inside was a completely new menu, and Joe's awesome hot sauce had been removed from the tables. There is now a condiments bar, and the place is maybe a bit cleaner (at least in the fridge at the front). We decided to order and try it.

First off I had a great deal of trouble ordering. I ordered the first thing on the menu a Burrito and Taco, and they kept just trying to give separate burrito's and tacos, and not the combo plate (which is not listed as that, but comes with beans and chips and a weird salad (lettuce and tasteless dressing), and they screwed up my wife's hard and soft taco (giving 2 soft tacos). I had carne asada for the burrito and al pastor for the taco. And the meat while fine was just average. Nothing special at all. And the worst part was the beans. The beans were literally pale and almost tasteless, such a let down after Joe's amazing beans!

Honestly the food was not bad, but it was so incredibly mediocre that I would never go there again! So depressing after how amazing this place used to be.

My recommendation is to stay away!

IT IS COMPLETELY GONE NOW, WHAT A SHAME!


No comments:

Post a Comment