Friday, May 2, 2014

The Fish Market, Seafood, San Diego, CA

The Fish Market,
750 N Harbor Drive,
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 232-3474





I had found this place online and was excited to try it, as it has decent yelp reviews and is right on the harbor, and right next to the Midway Museum. And we literally ended up there accidently.

We were able to quickly find parking, though could see how it could get hard on weekends, though they do have valet for the restaurant.

The restaurant is huge, and has a higher class place upstairs as well as different bars around.

We got a great seat inside, safe from the heat, but right on windows looking out at the harbor, and able to look at the ships, and watched the 2 parked air craft carriers, a 3rd that went past as well as a destroyer going out to see. GREAT VIEW!

And the service was awesome. They filled drinks constantly and food was delivered quickly.

Now for the food.

Well the New England Clam Chowder was great, possibly the best I have had since the east coast. Very good.

Kelly had crispy fish tacos and quite enjoyed them. I went for Fish and Chips, which is one of my loves (and was not too expensive), but was quite let down. The plate was huge, but the portions were tiny! I got 2 small pieces of fish, and while the panko crust was not bad, the fish was overcooked an stiff as a board and would barely absorb the malt vinegar. The thin fries were OK, but the cole slaw was not to my liking either.

While the service and view were awesome and the chowder, I have to say messing up such a staple as fish and chips does not speak well for me, so I can't recommend this place at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment