Monday, September 11, 2006

Marthas Vineyard, Marthas Vineyard Steamship Authority, Seafood, MA


My mother painted a mural so that she could get a friend of hers' guest house in West Tisbury, MA right on the Great Pond, and my girlfriend Kelly and I took a whole week vacation there. Of course going there is always a long trip, a 6 hour flight an hour and a half bus ride and a 45 minute ferry ride, but the ferry ride has one really nice little bonus. It has a snack bar, and one incredible food item in that snack bar, it's qouhog chowder (that's Clam Chowder) and it is pretty damn good.




The Chowder is about $5 and is a bit too thick and creamy for my taste, but is totally full of fresh clams, with some potato and no visible pork (just the way I like it since I am allergic to pork). This is some damn good chowder, and is only topped because I had the best chowder of my life on MV at The Galley in Menemsha. Still for a snack bar this is some incredible chowder, really worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment