Thursday, December 14, 2006

Zankou Chicken, Armenian Chicken and Beef, Burbank, CA


Zankou Chicken

1001 N. San Fernando Blvd. #100

Burbank, CA 91504

(818) 238-0414


GOOGLE MAP


In a Shopping Mall in Burbank, North of the Media Center mall, and right next to the Gelato and Ice Cream place Creme De La Creme which I just reviewed. I still don't know the story of why the one in Los Angeles is not on the web site, but I do know that was the first one, so there must have been a family dispute. Anyway, this one is as delicious as the original, but has a photo menu and 2 cashier's, one for cash and one for credit. the food is inexpensive and top notch.




Zankou Logo


Personally I like the Chicken Tarna plate, which comes with 2 pita breads, Chicken, some lettuce, pickled beets (which are amazing), Hommus, cut tomatoes and sesame sauce. All delicious.


Of course today I tried the Tri Tip Shawerma, with Hommus, Tomatoes, Onions and Sesame sauce, which was delicious, but a bit fattier than the chicken, and it doesn't include the amazing garlic sauce.


I also recommend an extra order of the pickled beets.


I have only had this one, the Pasadena one and the original, but this is the perfect lunch, or dinner if you get the excellent whole chickens, though I must say the normal chicken at the original is better than the Shawerma because it is moister. Yumm!!

1 comment:

  1. Rodney and MargaretJanuary 5, 2007 at 3:39 AM

    Margaret says "right on" - I say you are a fat American Pig.

    ReplyDelete