Saturday, July 7, 2012

Heart Surgery and Low Sodium Diet

Had my heart surgery, and you can read about it at the front of this site at JonahLee.com and click on Surgery. I am 6 weeks out and doing very well.

Have been put on a low sodium diet following the surgery, and I can't believe how hard it is. Amazing how much salt is in everything at the grocery store. Had to get some low sodium cook books and have had to basically stop eating out for the time being (though I want nothing more than a Reuben from Brent's).

Will be blogging about some new kitchen appliances, new stores I have found and cookbooks I am using to keep a low sodium diet, with a category of Low Sodium.

Interestingly though my chiropractor is against the low sodium diet (and want met to eat egg yolks which isn't great for my cholesterol), though if the at home cholesterol kit is right my cholesterol has dropped from 315 to 168! That is a huge change, and obviously the beta blocker and calcium blocker was part of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment