Sunday, September 24, 2006

MPV Seafood, Chinese Seafood Restaurant, Alhambra, CA


142 S. Garfield Ave,

Alhambra, CA 91801

(626) 289-3018


GOOGLE MAP


I was introduced to this restaurant by my ex girlfriend whose father from Sichuan would only eat here when he was in Los Angeles. Tonight I went with my girlfriend, her sister and her father to this restaurant to have some excellent Chinese Seafood. Now while everything is good, the crab with house special sauce is the best and a specialty. It has like a deep friend garlic and ginger with chilies in it, and the crab is battered and you rip it apart with your fingers and teeth and spit out the shells. It is the best way I have ever had crab for all time. Well tonight we did better, if by a larger expense.




Usually a dinner for 4 is something around 60-70 with quite a few meals, this place is very reasonably priced. Sure it is Chinese family style so the place is one large room that is packed with people at either small 4 sided tables or 2 different sizes of round tables, the largest with lazy susans on them to spin the food around.


Tonight Chelsea ordered the King Crab, which I think was a Snow Crab, but cooked in 2 ways. One was legs with the shell cut on both sides and steamed with garlic sauce, and the other was the house special sauce, which I could eat all night long. This was the single best crab I have ever had, and was over 6 pounds. And the problem being is it cost well over $100 just for this crab, in fact it was more like $150. Now it was amazing, but it had some sticker shock.


This place also has excellent fish, and we had some fish with black bean paste which was quite tasty, though I don't think quite as good as the whole fish I have had her previously, which have stewed in their own juices.


We also had some Chinese broccoli steamed in wine, which was excellent, and Kelly's father had fried Oysters in Oyster sauce which were huge and quite tasty.


This place is amazing, and some of the best seafood I have ever had, literally the best Chinese Seafood I have ever had, and probably the best I will ever have in the US.


Previously I have also had duck and duck tongue there (a little chewy for my taste, but still good), and the whole pigeons are excellent and tasty.


This place is amazing and well worth checking out. Sure the menu is in Chinese and English, but they also have a menu with photos. Just make sure you get the crab with the house special sauce, which is absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment