Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Newes, Pub food, Marthas Vineyard, Edgartown, MA


23 Kelly St.

Edgartown, MA 02539


GOOGLE MAP


This was always a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Just getting a burger on an excellent bun, and fries in a bag with vinegar and maybe some onion rings while chomping on some pepronchini peppers always made me happy, so we had to go. And the fries and onion rings were as good as ever, but I must say I was disappointed with the burger which didn't seem too special at all.




This is inside the Kelley House Hotel right at the corner of Water and Kelly street, right under Water Street. It is a darkened New England Pub with a wooden ceiling and the old brick wall of the basement showing, as well as a fireplace and small bar. They have a cool menu which is made to look like a newspaper and also have many assorted beers you can sample but we couldn't thanks to our mono.


The fries and onion rings were as good as I remembered, but the burger was a total let down. I think I have had better at Carl's Junior. Damn. Oh well the fries were damn good.


Still worth a try, but not nearly as good as I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment